Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Paul Proctor Apologizes

Paul Proctor apologizes about his defense of Carrie Prejean. I'm glad he has publically admitted for not only being wrong in his defense of Prejean, but also coming down hard on those who wouldn't get on the Prejean bandwagon because we saw the biblical issues clearly and early on. I appreciate his humbleness.

There are a few outstanding concerns I still have, however, and its that Proctor still thinks (and he definitely is not alone in this) that Prejean took a strong stand for traditional marriage. I still hold that what she did was not strong. She said it was "great that in American people can choose either types of "marriage" and that her view of marriage is her "opinion" based on "how I was raised". She never mentioned Christ Jesus nor Scripture. What she said would've been said by a JW or Mormon or Roman Catholic.

The other issue is that her strutting around the stage almost totally naked with her cleavage falling out, seems to still be either ignored or a non-issue. This pagent was not a place for a Christian woman to be to begin with, and that I think is being ignored.

I accept Proctor's apology, but I pray he sees that modesty in dress is a biblical command for a Christian and is not optional, and that he might encourage Christian women to strive for biblical purity in all things...and men too for that matter.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think he gets it. As one of his readers who originally objected I am glad that he understands more now and will leave the rest in God's hands.

Denise said...

Me too, Heather. I'm glad you stood for the Truth and I'm glad he gets it, if at least in part.