Monday, November 26, 2012

You Are Not A Christian


If the cross of Christ has not radically disrupted the very epicenter and citadel of your life, from self-righteousness, self-esteem, self-worth, self-promotion, self-accomplishment, self-confidence, self-rule, self-glory, self-satisfaction, self-desire, self-will, self-honor, self-praise, self-regard, self-pity, self-sufficiency, self-love, self-admiration, and a host of the many disguised manifestations of the abomination of selfhood....friend, you're not a Christian.

If only you have experienced but a minor shift in a few of your ethical, moral and religious values neurotically tickled by the sensual excitement of idolatry masquerading as "worship", that proves nothing but simply a sewing together the fig-leaves of humanism to both inadequately cover the nakedness of our sinfulness and adorn & indulge the wretchedness of our fleshly nature....friend, you're not a Christian.

If the engorged egotism and flatulent narcissism that plagues the ir
reverent and mediocre religion of disobediently postmodern evangelicals is all that you have clung to by the vainglorious tendrils of smoke in the popularity of false religion and thereby have held to many Scripturally untenable positions by a false carnal hope, whilst emphatically calling Jesus your 'Lord, Lord'....friend, you're not a Christian.

If you did not die with Christ Jesus, and if you do not die daily to self, and if you are not living a crucified life in Christ: my dear friend, I lovingly plead with you to hear me when I soberly tell you....you are not a Christian.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me." -- Galatians 2:20

(Thanks for posting Doron Gladden from Chris O via Facebook)

No comments: